Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hilary and Stan in Europe 2011 - Day 21 - Our journey home

Gatwick Airport
Morning arrived all too soon. We didn't need an alarm to wake us, though - we were both so nervous about missing flights we woke up spontaneously. I saw Hilary off at Gatwick.  You would think after being away together for three weeks, we would somehow get a single photo of us together before saying goodbye! Oh well, a photo of us, taken with four hours sleep is probably not the way to remember this trip.





A foggy morning, on the way to Heathrow

I took a connecting bus, about an hour and a half's drive, to Heathrow airport with plenty of time to make my flight at 10:25 AM.











When I got there, I found could have slept in for a while.  The flight delayed for two hours due to fog. We were finally on our way at 12:25 PM. I'm on the plane now.









Update, 1:25 PM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME.  I arrived in Vancouver as expected, about two hours later than planned, but otherwise, it was an enjoyable journey home, and a nice opportunity to complete this journal.  It's great to be home.

No comments: