Sunday, August 15, 2010

Alaska: Day 10 - Vancouver BC

Well, we're home at last. After cruising through the night between Vancouver Island and the mainland, the Ryndam passed under the Lions Gate Bridge at 6:00 AM today. The sun was starting to come up over the North Shore mountains, casting a golden glow over the ship.  I have cycled over the Lions Gate Bridge at 6:00 AM many times during my early morning rides on Saturday mornings, and have enjoyed the amazing sight of watching these huge vessels passing below. So it was quite fun seeing it down here on deck looking up as a passenger.


<--Sunrise arrival at Canada Place

It's really nice we live here, as we cleared customs and arrived at our house, luggage in hand, by just after 8:00 AM.  Many passengers have a longer journey home today. They came from just about everywhere you can think of across the United States, parts of Canada, and as far away as Australia to take the tour with us.










I will try to write more of our trip after leaving Glacier Bay on August 11th to our arrival here in Vancouver.  I would have loved to have written it while we were on the ship, however, not surprisingly Internet access was very limited and VERY expensive on-board. So, instead, I took copious notes off-line and waited to upload photos until now.  So, please check back over the next few days... there's lots more stories to come.

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy what is here so far - and please feel free to leave comments.  It's good to be home!

- Stan and Hilary



UPDATE December 14th 2010: My goodness!!  I still haven't completed those journal entries since we left Glacier Bay.  I really must do so soon.  This is a good lesson for me to write in my journal as soon something special needs to be shared.  In the meantime, we're planning a trip to Hawaii, leaving on Monday.  So there will be more to write about there, too! - Stan

No comments: